Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Working Hard So We Can Hardly Work


Before Shot
We have been great. I don't know what it is but we keep getting tons of referrals. For instance, there was a missionary at the hospital, (for reasons) and one of the people he sat next to was was chatty, and now we have Jasmine, our person with interest.

Jasmine had a rough childhood, and has gone through too much surgery for a person her age. She has a very powerful testimony of Jesus Christ, and she knows that she has a Father in Heaven. So now it is up to us to teach her all about what we have come to know about Heavenly Father's plan for us.  Apparently we goofed. 
I know it sounds crazy but missionaries get up at 6:30 every morning, and that is weak sauce compared to the time I used to wake up to go to work (4:00 AM), anyways we texted her around 8:00 asking when we could visit her again, thinking that everyone gets up with us, then we got a stern "No" in answer to meeting later that day. She told us that she does not want to talk to us before 10:00am. So we texted her later that day after 10:00 and she still hasn't answered us. If I were not on my mission I would say that she was being rude, but for missionaries it's Tuesday. (Literally it was last Tuesday and she still won't respond to us.) Pray for us and her.

But enough of of that, some cool things have been happening. 
Zone Conference

Recently for quite some time we have been trying to contact a family we are teaching, and we finally caught them yesterday. Turns out that they just have been super busy with the 4th and work, not to mention that they keep getting new phone numbers which doesn't help. It's funny, when we finally got to talk to them again they told us they were just thinking of calling us to see when we could come over next. 

I just found out that the email I sent last week didn't send, and I didn't save the draft either which sucks, I put a lot of work into that email.
This Little Guy Ticked Me Off


Well, I got a tick last week.

For service we decided to walk along a well traveled road. There was plenty of trash to pick up, and many times we would walk out a little bit into the tall grass to pick up a can for something. I am pretty sure that I got this tick from there. I hadn't noticed the tick until I was getting ready for bed. I was scratching an itch

 I had on my side, then I felt something odd. It felt like I had some hair that had been stuck together with glue or gum on my side. I didn't think much of it at the time (even though I don't grow hair there) and I just pulled it off. Then I thought it felt funny, so I grabbed a light and shined it to bring a little light to the situation. What I saw shocked me, a female dog tick. 

Look at This Little Kitty
Now as a bona-fide eagle scout, I knew how to properly get a tick off, so I immediately checked to see if I did it right, and by some miracle I did it right and I got no infection from it.  That was a blessing!

After Shot















We recently met with awesome referrals, this one being Lecrecia. We have had only one lesson so far, with her and our Relief Society President. Our lesson went so well, we planed on sharing the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but we went a little off rails and taught a bunch of different topics as we went. She was receiving all we taught so well, we hope we can see her more frequently, but she has a busy schedule, so maybe it will be a little more difficult.


Pouring Cement
Lots of Cement
As the title might say, we have working hard to get members to do missionary work. Like we tell all recent converts you know enough to be a successful missionary, because you know the most basic truths of the Gospel and that's all It takes, not to mention that you have the Holy Ghost on your side. He "brings all things to remembrance". The point is that if members are taking time to get to know their neighbor or their coworkers, they might receive a chance to teach about God's plan for us or what we do in the church. It's that easy. I challenge you, dear reader, to try and find an opportunity to share the Gospel with any who would listen. You don't need to stand on a soap box and use a loud speaker. You can just be an example. And when people ask you why you seem to be more happy or any other such questions, that will be your chance. 

This program is made possible by viewers like you...... Thank you

Pictures are my favorite, because a good picture is worth a thousand words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment