Monday, October 21, 2019

Uh oh, it's that time again!


Temple Pictures in the Rain with the Elders
TRANSFERS! WHOOOO! 


I have had a great time in Moscow, and I'm going to keep having those good times. The only thing that is changing is my companion. 

Elder Martineau stayed up in Spokane after Zone Conference a few days ago, so the last few days I have been in a trio and I tell ya it's been a blast!

My new companion is from China. His name is Elder Wang, and I have heard strange things about him, but I can assure you all that we will do great things here in Moscow.
The District

So the fist thing I ought to talk about is how sick I have been for the past few days. At first it started with sore tonsils. Then my stomach was constantly upset and it hurt to speak. Then the next day I did not get any sleep the entire night and I was bed ridden for the entirety of that day, just trying to sleep but unable to do anything of the kind. The next day was Zone Conference, I was actually able to get some sleep that night and was feeling astronomically better than before, but I was still sick.

For Zone Conference we had to pack for the night, and Elder Martineau had to take all of his stuff because he would not be coming back. Our car was stuffed for the 2 hour drive to CDL.

For zone conference Elder Pearson (of the Seventy - over all the missionaries in the North West) and his wife came to visit us. The only way I could describe Elder Pearson
Most of the Zone
is a bulldog. He was fearless in his attitude and didn't flinch when he would admonish us. He also gave us 4 new things to start practicing while on the mission. 

First, we need to pray for Charity and Love, the most important of all the Christ like attributes.

Second, read Joseph Smith history so that we may be experts and increases our testimonies.

Third, give your companion 3 compliments each day.

Fourth, NEVER NEVER NEVER forget to ask for referrals, ask members and people being taught. They promised us that if we do those things, we will double the amount of baptisms in our areas.

The next day we were able to go to the temple. It was a great experience, I would have to say that I understood more this time.
Last Zone P-Day:
My Carved Pumpkin I promised in the Last Email

I had to say goodbye to my companion. He is leaving the mission on Wednesday, right now I am in a trio with Elders Schelenberg and Iund, we are so busy. Between the 3 of us we cover 3 ward's: Palouse River, Paradise Ridge, Rolling Hills and the Moscow YSA ward. We went to the first hour of one ward then we went to the second hour of another, then we went to the first hour of another ward and stayed for the second. We even had a baptism right after church yesterday. There were lots of non-members there and they all loved it, then there was two more baptisms after the first later in the day.

We had invited all the people we are teaching to the baptism, only one of them came, but it was steller. It was Ashkan. He wants to learn more about our church. All throughout the baptism he was either asking me questions or sitting back going, "hmmm" or "that makes sense". After we asked him if he would like a tour of the church and he said he would love it! After a very successful tour he said he would like to come to church with us next week!

I have loved the time I have spent on my mission! When I talk to people about what it means to be a missionary they are shocked because I give up TV, social media and things some people can't live without. Although some of the people I meet might make fun of what I believe, or say that I am wasting my time out here, or even say God is not real and I can do whatever I want, to them I say; " I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Roman's 1:16).

I know that God lives, that he loves us, that he has a plan for us and if we simply do the things he has asked of us we will have eternal life, even after death. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment