Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Well, it's only been three days...

There isn't much that has happened since Thursday, but here is what I can report on.



We have been able to get in contact with two very solid returning members. 
They both have gone through some rough things in their time away from the Church. Both of them, after they experienced some loss in their families, felt God guiding them back. I can't really get into details for privacy reasons but I can tell you that there aren't many people who are as prepared as them to come back into the fold.


I gave a talk on gratitude yesterday. 
Timing couldn't have been better, especially with President Nelsons message to us last week. I see it as the lord reminding us that despite our poor circumstances we still need to show our gratitude. I like the way Elder Uchtdorf put it in his talk, Grateful in Any Circumstance. " It is easy to be grateful for things when life seems to be going our way. But what then of those times when what we wish for seems to be far out of reach? Could I suggest that we see gratitude as a disposition, a way of life that stands independent of our current situation? In other words, I’m suggesting that instead of being thankful for things, we focus on being thankful in our circumstances—whatever they may be."

Can we all adopt the same way of thinking? 

I was told it was a good talk, however whenever I give a talk it is about 60% different from what I have written. I'll just attribute it to the Holy Ghost. He sure give some really good talks.

I met a family here who remembers an elder Phelps back when he served here. (for those of you who don't know, he is someone who used to live in my ward back at home). They said that he had spent a lot of time at their home years back. Thought that might be cool to mention. 

In other news I have also been called as a district leader halfway through the transfer. I can't talk about specifics but I can say crazy things have been happening here in Spokane.

Hope y'all are able to enjoy the now official Christmas season! That's right it starts after Thanksgiving not before. Don't worry, you can still repent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment