Saturday, December 15, 2018

First P-Day

Brendan and Companion, Elder Bair

Hello all, i'm doing great at the MTC, I have to say that this experience is amazing.  I would have to say that the best part so far is the meals we have.  When eating with the other Elders in my district, we don't have any sisters in the district but some of us look at that as a blessing because we can focus more on each other and magnifying our testimonies. 

On my fist day I had a pretty good experience, besides the fact that my coat button fell off after my first class we had some good lessons taught by the MTC president.

(L to R) Elder Smith, Elder Vasquez, Elder Staheli, Elder Farrel,
Elder Willis, Elder Bair, Elder Jessen and Elder Pendleton.


So far, I have learned a great deal about representing the Lord and proselyting. In fact, today will be my first lesson to a non LDS person.  My companion and I have taught a few lessons, but they were real members of the church pretending to have questions about the faith.


My companion and I are two sides of the same coin. Already Elders in our district are commenting on how similar we are. Some of the other elders are pretty interesting. Most of them come from here in Utah, where a few others come from New Mexico and Arizona.  The most interesting thing about my district is that we are all serving in the Washington Spokane Mission, all but two whom are serving in Lubbock, Texas.  Elder Pendleton is our new zone leader. He is 23 and has a pretty good testimony, and he is a great leader.  

Elder Pendleton is a novice Calligrapher,
the other elders and I don't agree 


Yesterday, was pretty interesting, for lunch we ate breaded eggplant.  We couldn't tell that it was eggplant until it was too late.  It at least tasted like chicken, but it was extremely slimy.  Yesterday, we also had our first two casualty's  Elder Vasquez had an ear infection and Elder Staheli had an ingrown toe nail, they both went to the clinic where elder Staheli had surgery on his toe, and Elder Vasquez simply had some antibiotics prescribed to him.

Elder Farrel's Family Sent HIm a Christmas Tree
Merry Christmas!
Elder Brendan Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment