Wednesday, February 6, 2019

They Had a Wolfish Grin

Zone Conference


We had dinner with wolves.  We ate ribs while our host, Chuck, would talk about his crazy history in the military.  He was a mail man and an expert con man, usually getting his way.  He told us he would do things like race the plane that's carries the mail to the airport.  He also told us many more stories but, for the sake of time I'll leave it here.

Zone conference happened. We got an awesome message from our mission president.  After the message, we were able to see other missionaries in our area.  We all had crazy stories to share with one another, and we also had lots of training to do that day as well, I got to see Elder Smith (Elder Vazquez's last companion, he was in my last district as well.) 
More Zone Conference - I'm on the Left

Well, our other on date Holly, wanted to
 postpone her baptism, because she wants her boyfriend on the same page as her, which is ok, The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Later Day Saints is all about keeping family's together.  She still wants us to visit her and teach her, so that's good.

Nothing much else happened this week, and I forgot my scripture last week I think so, I got a talk from general conference this week.

Yesterday I read a talk from David B. Haight (Feed the Flock)

He was speaking about the troops stationed in South Korea during the Korean war.
Elder Haight was speaking with the troops and seeing how their relationships were with their wards at home. Many of then stated they knew not whether their wards knew about them or supported them in the war efforts. Eventually he came to one soldier who confidently said that he knew that his family and ward supported him, and would often send him letters of encouragement. 

Pretty Pictures from the Hike

Elder Haight said that the term "The old saying, ‘We live or die at the mailroom’ never was truer than in the military.” He later spoke on how simple forms of contact to missionaries could often uplift and encourage them in their work, sometimes even giving them that good emotional boost to help them smile their days away.

I myself am not fishing for more emails and letters, I am encouraging those of you who know missionaries out in the field, to send them simple words of encouragement, even asking them how they are doing in their mission could be of help to them.  I can't count how many times other missionaries would say they were jealous of how many letters I got from my family and friends.
More Hike


I know that everything happens for a reason and that the lord works in mysterious ways. Through us he can be the very light that others need In their lives, 
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

By the way I probably butchered the actual talk. I encourage you to watch or listen to it yourself.


David B. Haight, Feed the Flock

Hammacks From the Hike




No comments:

Post a Comment