Friday, June 7, 2019

Well Well Well? I'm not


Me in a P-Day Sling

Sorry for the negative title but some bothersome things happened last week, but like the proud Eagle Scout I am,  I was prepared for each situation, except for the bike crash...

In my cruel ways of keeping suspense, I will tell you about the bike ride last and go forward with the earlier part of my week. 

It's been hot! So I bought some nice white short sleeve shirts for proselytizing, and the day I bought them we ended up finding a cool new person which I will mention later. So we were late and we had to run 2 miles to get back to our apartment so we could get our car and make it to our appointment on time. Did I forget to mention the temperature was in the lower 90s... We were in black slacks and a tie, it was a little uncomfortable... We were soaked in sweat when our ordeal was done. This mission is so fun. 

My Companion Loves Cats
The guy we found is one of the people the Book Of Mormon is addressed to. It talks a lot about it in Mormon 8 where the Lord makes a promises to the Lamanites if they repent of their sins and come unto Him.  One of the cool things about all the Lord's promises is that we are entitled to them so long as we keep his commandments. You should go and take a look at the select promises that are made and pray and ask the Lord what you can do to receive those blessings as well. 
Another one of those things that have been happening here are allergies, I don't know if I'm still sick or if I'm just dying because there is a very cuddly cat in my lap, it doesn't help that it's spring either but I take medication for this sort of thing, and I fear that its one of those situations where you don't notice what you had until it's gone. Kind of like the Holy Spirit, when you are baptized into the church you are later confirmed by the laying on of hands into the church. Then you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost to be a constant companion throughout your life, so long that you are worthy of it. 

And Now The Bike Story. 

Me - Rockin' the Urgent Care Look
I had to take my bike wheel off for better travel during transfers a few weeks ago, and my bike does not have disk breaks, (they are nice breaks) so I have to take off my front breaks so my bike can fit in the car, and once we got home I could not figure out how to properly put on my breaks so I went around with just my back breaks, it was all good until this point. 

It happened like it was last week. There we were headed towards service. My companion and I usually bike through a movie theater parking lot, and right next to it is an undeveloped section with a steep hill. I don't like to go on that part of the hill because I only have one break (it's scary).

So I biked towards a gutter system that has a ramp which usually runs down into the cement or grass. The one I went down was about a foot in the air...  I was not prepared for that drop. My front wheel went down and hit the ground hard sending me over the handle bars. I landed on my head. My helmet saved me a headache and a broken neck. I rolled onto my left shoulder and that's what caused what the doctors call a major contusion (or a major sprain). 

Zone Conference
In the end I was alright, no broken bones or bike, it would not be so if I was not obedient to my mission rules and had not worn a helmet. I know that the Lord sometimes gives us hard to understand rules or commandments that do not make sense. But I know that if you follow his commands he will bless you and (like me) when you get into trouble it wont be as bad as is could have been.

Thank you for making it this far in my email, I know I've become quite the journalist since my mission started, and I am aware that it is a lot for some people to read.
He Took a Bite Out of It

No comments:

Post a Comment