Monday, September 2, 2019

Not Much Has Happened This Time Around, Well...I Guess a Few Things


I would say some of the only things worth mentioning are that we had to move the Martinez family's baptism date a little further back, because when we shared the Word of wisdom with them, they thought the idea of giving up coffee was ridiculous. At least they still want to meet with us and want to still come to church. So that's a plus.

Yesterday, two of our other "on dates" came to church, and as many of you know, the first Sunday of the month is a Fast and Testimony meeting at church, meaning that anyone who wants to talk about the blessings they have seen in their lives can walk up to the pulpit and share their testimony. We Nathan and Kirsten both have been having great experiences at church and have been loving every second of what we share with them. So anyways, during the testimony meeting there were several people who stated that "whoever this message was meant for, I hope it helps" our a Nathan knew that it was meant for him. Well then my companion shared his testimony and quoted something from an old movie, and that is what pushed Nathen to share his testimony next. He said " I felt as if there were a clenched fist in my stomach, it made me feel like I had to go up there and speak. I eventually did, but the feeling didn't go away until I was done speaking and stepped off the stage" I know none of you know this man like I do (mostly because the only way you know about him is what I have told you) but this was a huge deal for him. My companion and I are so excited for his chance to get baptized.  It is going to make a huge difference in his life.

We had some crazy service this week. 

We helped some of the people we are teaching move their trailer. Boy it was a crazy move. The husband (his name is Ken) never served in the Navy, but boy can he curse like a sailor, his wife Sandy was a lot easier to work with. My job during this move was to crawl under the trailer (with all the big FAT spiders) with a jack, and use it to lift the trailer and kick out the wood and cinder blocks that held the trailer up. I can't lie, I thought it was pretty fun, my companion though did not like it one bit. 

I came dressed in jeans boots and a good shirt that can get dirty. My companion came dressed in shorts running shoes and a decent shirt but not one you would want to do any work in (These people we helped move were pretty much rednecks, and boy let my companion have it, they thought he looked foolish). 

At this move there were more than us and the couple helping out, and while I was under the trailer many people kept getting in and out doing various things to help wrap it up.

It may be because my companions birthday is 3 days before mine but we have been getting lots of cake from people we see all the time for random reasons. None of them beforehand knew that it was our birthdays, but here we are, getting way too much cake to handle. 

Not enough time for pics sorry.
Bad planning again, some of us can't make choices quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment