Friday, January 3, 2020

It's Been a Little While

One of Many Similar Apartments
in Another Missionary's Area
Wow, I haven't been able to talk to anyone since last year.
I hope you all have been good, I have been doing great. 

We had a great Christmas, and we were able to enjoy the few days of work we had before New Years Eve, which also was kinda a P-day.

Much like Christmas Eve, the first half of the day was normal, but the rest of it was us relaxing, because it won't be a good idea to go out tracting when everyone is partying and drinking to come celebrate.

I'm thinking that this might be a little shorter this week, I am not really sure what I should write about this time around. 

(Mostly, we sat around and enjoyed time with members during the holidays. Also all the people to work with tell us to come back next year.)
I Thought They Looked Cool

One of the couples we are teaching have really opened up to us. We brought the right fellowship I guess, because they opened up their guts to us. We learned that they had been struggling for years with certain life issues, and that no matter how much they work to overcome them, they still fall short, and their conscience keeps convicting their souls. They even told us when they tried their hardest and even got baptized, they still felt as if they were still (spirituality) filthy, it was almost as if they were going to start giving in soon. After they had opened up their hearts to us, we testified to them saying "We all make mistakes in life, and these mistakes create feelings of guilt and shame. These feelings cannot be relieved without repentance and forgiveness. They can be fully healed through the Atonement of Christ." and "Each person we teach has personal challenges and concerns. No matter what your needs or concerns might be, the Savior and His teachings—the gospel—will help you."

Once we had told them these things their eyes were bright and with hope. They told us " your words pieced our hearts" I'm not kidding they said that. From that point they were ready to listen to the message we had to share with them, and apply our promise to them, that they would be able to change their lives. 


On a more secular part of our week, yesterday one of our spare light bulbs (the long office ones) fell on the floor, and at this point did not shatter. It all happened when my (fully protected feet, I'm doing fine mom) boots came crashing down on it. Now normally in life, once we break or spill something, we get out our broom or vacuum and clean it up, but we broke this light on carpet, and our vacuum is out of commission (the belt needs to be replaced, but we are getting on that soon).

Happy New Year!!! 
Starting yesterday I have been around for 2 centuries and 3 decades! That's right I'm a 90s kid.



A Little Bit of New Year's Fun -
Don't Worry Mom, I Haven't Had any Oreo Cereal Yet
I hope you all had a good year last year, I know I did. We are all trying our best to help people make this year the best one yet. The way we do that is, asking people what they will do for the new year to come closer to Christ; this could entail being a better parent for your kids or reading the scriptures among many more options that are available. The point is, what are you all, this year, going to do to come closer to Christ, to deepen your conversion, and strengthen your faith? I want you all to write down your goal, and put it somewhere you will always see it, so that you can keep it in mind at all times and try your best to make it real.

I love you all and I hope you have a Merry Christmas Christmas at the end of the year. 

BYE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment