Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Winters invitation

Brrrr, it's cold out here.

A cat broke into our apartment. 
My companion made the mistake of feeding it 
before we kicked it back out. 
May as well take a picture though.

Who would have though that Orofino (labeled the Banana Belt of Idaho) would have such low temperatures before Halloween?

I was a little surprised by this sudden change in air, but the cold doesn't really phase me much. I have a companion who really doesn't like the cold we have experienced so far, but the jokes on him, this isn't as cold as it gets. 😂
Winter should know that I can't just come in uninvited, but what can we do huh?

It's Me.

How is everyone doing? I don't hear much of what's happening with my buddies these days. I just keep forgetting to message and email y'all, not counting my weeklys of course.

Still don't know what my flight itinerary is. Would have gotten it a few weeks ago, but the virus and political unrest may have delayed the final decision a bit. I'm still pretty confident that i will be coming home around December 16, but who knows at this point? About 7 weeks to go? 

Fog filled Valleys

Funny story, I met another Willis family in my area. They are members but because the virus we haven't been able to meet them until now. They are a really cool family, a lot like mine, but not 15 minutes away from three different temples. The all have awesome testimonies of the church. I was shocked to see the 13 year old boy share his testimony of the Holy Ghost. Just a stellar family.

The valley the tracks run through.  
It was brisk, but pretty.

There are some members in our area who own a considerable amount land that goes over some train tracks. 
The tracks have bridges that are out on both sides so it's pretty isolated. However this did not stop them from making the most of these tracks, they had made a gas powered platforms that could move back and forth on the tracks. It doesn't go very fast but it was a fun ride. There are pictures to come. 

Our Snowy Landscape

We have a lady praying for a baptism date. She has been a wanting to be baptized for a while now and now she has made up her mind on the idea. Hopefully I will be around when she gets baptized.

A members past time, making and flying remote control planes.  
They can go anywhere from 60 to 120 miles per hour.

I don't know what it is, but I seem to have caught the local red neck bug. Once I get home I want to go hunting with some of my mission buddies. We have long talks about hunting stories in this area, about how some of the members just shoot from their bedroom window and manage to score dinner. Or a 13 year old boy will be walking around his property and shoots a Turkey and a Grouse at the same time. I may have a story or two like that after a while.

Our little train contraption.  
We had seat belts in case you're wondering. 
And once again, it wasn't fast at all.

I really need to get going, but I hope you all have a great Halloween. 
Please let me know if you went trick or treating, or if any of you had any other cool ideas for fun on that fun Spooktober day. 

Until next time. Enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment