Wednesday, November 11, 2020

My Time Has Come...

I'm not happy right now, I just finished my weekly and was about to press send, but I instead pressed paste and deleted all that I had just wrote. The first half of this email will be for last week...

The family that hosted me my first day in the mission. 
Never though I would see them again, let alone serve in their ward.


So my time to go has finally come, I'm leaving Orofino and I am going to Spokane Valley.


It's no Valley of the wind like Spanish Fork, but Spokane Vally has some good qualities. For instance, the mission office is there and the temple.

I will be close to the APs (assistants to the president) which might be a little over bearing, but I don't know these guys, they may not be all that bad. My new companions are Elders Brown and Elder Catmull and I don't know a thing about them.

Our Zone

I'm going to miss Orofino, the rednecks with guns, the deer that have no idea that the road is the wrong place to to stop running. All of the hardy members who aren't afraid to speak their mind and the beautiful landscape, those hills and valleys teaming full of wildlife and scorched earth from fires. It really is a wonderful place.

Well, we met some cool people the other day.

We offered to serve one guy and he beamed when we said that. He had gone through some back surgery recently and was unable to change his flat tire. He was more happy to let us help. After he was ready to listen, asking all sorts of questions about the Gospel. His wife who was a member helped out a lot as well.

Our sleeping arrangements.  I have top bunk.  
It's fun, but I have to be careful about bumping the light at night 
since I am so close to the ceiling.

We went looking for a young man named Joe, and found at the address an older Joe. He was the father of the Joe we were looking for. Both Joes were great guys, both ready and eager to talk with us, just not this week, but next. They said that they wanted to talk about the BOM and even discuss a little about it as well. I'm super sad to not be able to teach them, but I can't really complain. I'm just glad we have people to teach now. (don't know what's happening with the text right here, just ignore it.)

Roll out the red carpet, because I'm coming home in 6 weeks.
It's been a blast and I'm not done yet, but I am bound to make a difference in Spokane Valley. 

Okay next week...

So this week things have been dropping temperature wise, good thing I'm already geared up for it.

So far we haven't had much success in this area. 

Spokane Temple

This area is where lots of missionaries end their mission (we call it dying). I am the third one in a row for this area, and even next transfer.  I'm Com companion Elder Brown stays in this area he will end up dying as well, making it 4 in a row. 

This area is really neat. Lots of ground and houses to cover, and lots of opportunities. I hope that I will have more to report on next week but so far not too much has happened. 

The other day we spent our service helping take care of some horses and removing all the moldy hay they had in their barn. In this zone all the missionaries show up at one service, so it was packed with missionaries. 

Only about 5 weeks left, gotta make em count! 

I hope everyone will have a good week, I will be trying to. I don't have much more to write about so until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment