Saturday, January 19, 2019

Some Cool Things Happened

Before we get in, the total was both figurative and literal.

Us, After the Frozen Rain - Thanks for the Awesome Jackets, Dad

It seems that there has been another week in the year 2019, and there have been more miracles than I can count.

First miracle 
For starters the first miracle was the one I told you about last week, but I did not go into detail about that.  It started about 5 years ago, the man in question ( Earl ) had first encountered missionaries, on his farm in Pennsylvania, his wife was not very accepting of the message they had to say, so she took the Book of Mormon they had been given and threw it away.  Soon after that had a divorce and the court ordered him to stay away from his wife and family, so he moved to Tennessee, where he got together with some friends to work.  Some months after his father was on his death bed, so he went back to his home town to say one last goodbye.  Once his father laid eyes on him he seemed to bounce back from death, the next day he was almost fine, but tragically Earl violated the court orders in seeing his father, and he went to prison for a few months.  Once out he decided to sell all that he had and travel out west, and he landed here in Post Falls Idaho.  After a few years and a few bad investments, Earl was homeless and on the day we met him he was filling up water jugs at the local park, and was about to leave, until he met us.  

Mine and My Companions Study/Weight Room

My companion and I were thinking whether or not to do companion study then go finding in the park or just go finding in the park, because comp study is long and boring, we decided to be obedient and do our comp study.  We finished faster than expected and then went to the park, and barely caught Earl in the nick of time.  This goes to show that obedience blesses us as well as others in our lives.  Earl is on date for baptism for the 26th if Jan and I'm exited to keep teaching him the lessons in the Preach my Gospel book.

Second miracle
Well there is this lady who was a lot like Joseph Smith, meaning she was wondering what church to join because they all told her that they were the right church, and when she went to them she never felt like she belonged.  So one day her friends gave her a copy of the book Saints, and she felt that all that she read in this book was true (it is basically some LDS Church History.)  So she found some local missionaries and they referred her to us, now she is on date for a baptism on March 2!  Its all awesome

Us At A Restaurant
There have many more miracles happening to the elders in my apartment, for starters the people here feed us very well, and our fridge is well stocked so that's a plus.  It is not that cold, at least compared to Utah, the day I left provo it was 9 degrees, and here it is not even below freezing.  Every nice in a while it gets freezing cold, um not kidding the rain the other day landed on us and froze immediately.

My companion is to obsessed with lifting weights, we wake up every morning at 6:00 to work out, that is 30 minutes before we need to wake up, and he is obsessed with anything that has protein and other supplements that help you build your body, not to mention he won't eat anything unless it has "gains".
With Elder Schellenberg, it it yoga and meditation. That is his obsession, on P days whenever we pass by a nutritionist store and/or gym,  or supplements store, we always have to take a small peak at the inside to see what there is.
Our Apartment

Elder Vasquez is now official our apartments Abuela (Spanish for grandma) he cooks great Mexican food and whenever a dinner is not provided by our wards, he makes us a delicious feast.  But the inside of the apartment, to quote the sisters when they came to visit "it smells like a Mexican threw up in here" Every once in a while he will eat something old in the pantry, and regret it when his body rejects it, he just doesn't understand the old food rule "when in doubt throw it out".
The others are getting along with me just fine, besides for my puns they might hurt me if I go any further.

I'm going to start posting am inspirational scripture, this is the first one:
Our Dining Room/Kitchen




Philippians 4:1
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I like this scripture, because I know that my road is long and treacherous, but I also know that I'm not alone in my epic journey.

Thank you for all your support, I appreciate the questions and emails you keep sending me.




My address is:
507 West Mullan Ave.  Apt #13
Cool Clouds
Post Falls, ID. 83854

No comments:

Post a Comment