Monday, January 7, 2019

First Few Days in the Field

Well the time has come... 


Last Picture with MTC District

I am now in the Spokane mission area, but I'm not in Spokane right now.  Right now I'm in Post Falls, Idaho, just north of Coeur d'Alene.

So far it is not that different from Utah, besides the fact that the sun is only up for about 7 hours each day.  The sun rises at about 9:00 and starts to set at 4:00, to me that's insane!  It's only like this because its winter, but I'm told that during the summer the sun hardly sets at all.

So far in my mission we ride our bikes and we drive.  We share a car with the sister missionarys in our district, and we get the car every other day.  The times we don't have the car, we ride our bikes.

My companion, he just did a ton of pushups and is pretending to not be in pain.

My new district is pretty awesome.  My new companion is Elder Brinkman, and his favorite thing in the world is lifting weights.  We have a few weights in our apartment, and every morning so far we lift them until we,"get shredded".  The others in my district are pretty awesome as well.  We have Elder Schellenberg, and his favorite thing to do to our apartment is to clean it and do yoga.  His companion is somebody from my old district, Elder Vasquez, who would have guessed.  The sisters in my district are pretty cool, I can't remember their names right now, but they are still nice.





So far we have been busy.  My companion and I in the past few days have:  scheduled lessons every day for the next week, gotten somebody to go to church, and committed somebody to baptism.  This place is where America took its extra bible belt rolled it up and set it post falls.  There are so many churches I have never even heard of before in Post Falls. 

We had our dinner with a member yesterday, with southern/Polynesian style to it, meaning that there was a lot of meat and breaded chicken, with spring rolls that had beef pork and mac & cheese on the inside.  Needless to say me and my fridge will be well fed.

Thanks for the support,
Love you all,

We Played Dodgeball with Marshmallows
Elder Willis




My address:
507 west Mullan Ave Apt. 13
Post Falls, ID  83854

No comments:

Post a Comment