Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A New Home

Hello all, it's Elder Willis coming to you live from the state of Washington! 

A Picture of Someone I am Teaching
That's right folks I'm no longer in Post Falls, Idaho, I am in Airway Heights, Washington, over the West Terrace and Sunset wards, I don't know too much of the new area I am in, except for the massive airport and military base we have to drive around to get anywhere.

So far I have only taught a few people, these people in particular were all on date for baptism, but they have some things holding them back.  The first couple just need to get married first (because they living together), the second is always too busy to meet with us, and the third lady just needs her husband's permission (only problem with that is that he is mentally unstable and refuses to help us).

My new companion is Elder Ruth, he is an awesome missionary (at least so far). He really likes to tell it how it is. No mincing words or sugar coating and from what I have seen. It is really effective, like with every companion I have had I have learned something and I have a few more things to learn from my current companion. (He also only has a few transfers left, so he has had lots of experience in the mission field so far).

On the Fence About My Last Comp
Scripture moment.... In 1 Nephi 8 Lehi has a vision of the tree of life, (everything is symbolic in this vision, but that is not what the subject of today's scripture is about.  If you want to know more read it yourself) the tree of life symbolizes Heavenly Father, and on the tree there is pure white fruit which represents the gospel of Jesus Christ, these verses are an account of what happened next. 

12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.

13 And as I cast my eyes round about, that perhaps I might discover my family also, I beheld a river of water; and it ran along, and it was near the tree of which I was partaking the fruit.

14 And I looked to behold from whence it came; and I saw the head thereof a little way off; and at the head thereof I beheld your mother Sariah, and Sam, and Nephi; and they stood as if they knew not whither they should go. 

15 And it came to pass that I beckoned unto them; and I also did say unto them with a loud voice that they should come unto me, and partake of the fruit, which was desirable above all other fruit.

Once Lehi, who is the father of Nephi, partook of the fruit he just knew that he had to share it with his family.  I have come to know of the truthfulness of his gospel, and I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints is His true church. This is why young men (like me) and women sacrifice up to two years of their lives proclaiming these truths, because we are all children of the same God, and other missionaries, like me, are sacrificing all they can to make sure the message of great value and importance is shared with all of God's children.

Last Picture of Post Falls at Night
If you have a Testimony of God's truths share it, the time to act is now! not tomorrow, not someday, now!

Luke 12

37 Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants

39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Modern Art in Another Missionary's Apartment

40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Thanks for the support,
Elder Willis


No comments:

Post a Comment