Wednesday, February 5, 2020

WE GOT 29 PEOPLE TO COME TO CHURCH

Dapper cowboy at BootBarn.
I'm definitely going back after the mission
BUT DANG! WE GOT 29 PEOPLE TO COME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!

For this transfer we all wanted to work on getting the people we are teaching to church. Last transfer we focused on finding people, now that we have a big teaching pool we need them to go to church to meet the members. Once they begin making friendships with the members, they will start coming on their own. We will have to hardly have to do a thing. This is how it's been for the past few weeks. Lots of the people we teach have great friends in the ward, and a few of them even set up their own rides. 

They talked me into this - Zone Unity, I guess.
I'm bottom left.
So the story. We have two sets of missionaries in our ward - the English missionaries and the Swahili missionaries. Though I was called English speaking, I serve as one of the Swahili missionaries. So besides me, there is another set of missionaries who brought 13 of the people they are teaching and we brought 16.

We have some great news! 

The person we have been working with for the longest time just told us that he wanted to be baptized!

A huge service project in Spokane city center,
helping the homeless get some free stuff. 





It is a big deal - especially for this guy this is a big deal, my companion, Elder Cohen, has been working with him his whole mission so far (because he has only been in this area for about a year). This guy is a leader among those who come to Spokane from Africa. He speaks multiple languages fluently and they all go to him for help with bills, taxes and etc... They would all follow his example and take lessons from the missionaries, or at least be curious about what he is talking about. He also knows where a bunch of Swahili speaking people live, so if he became a member he would be of great help in helping us find and teach them.
We saw some weird art while tracting.

I'm sorry that I don't have more time to talk about this awesome week. The Chiefs won! I guess that's it. 

I took lots of pictures this time. 

Sorry this was not as good a Pic as I wanted,
but the style of these houses were amazing
and we wanted to show people. 


We stacked all those boxes and packets of cans, I was sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment