Tuesday, June 30, 2020

I've Been Banished




I met my friend again -
Brother Wilding
We just got our transfer calls and it looks like my lucky streak is broken.
I usually spend three transfers in one area, and after only spending two transfers I get sent to the bottom of our mission. 

I say bottom because it is the southern most place we can serve in the Spokane Washington mission. 

I have been sent to Orofino. This area is in the Lewiston Zone, and also happens to be beyond the black stump, seriously we are in the middle of nowhere. But hey I can't complain, I have two great missionaries as my companions: Elder Tull is and Elder Staheli. 
Service at the Trail
Unfortunately, I can't take Moments with Missionaries with me, it needs to stay in my area, but if they don't have something set up down in the backwoods, I will see to it that we make one. Perhaps we can call it "The Daily Dose of Doctrine". Just brainstorming here. 

So this week lots has happened. 
A guy offered my companion a compound hunting bow for super cheap, and we went around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get it sent home. Mostly because the Elders we live with didn't want it in the home. 

We also helped the city and helped make a new trail over in Rathdrum. I was on stump duty, and all they gave me was a pick hammer and hoe. They didn't really have a good synergy and I worked way harder than necessary. All the while my companion had the pick-axe which is exactly what I needed, but hey I got the job done. There we saw lots of Huckleberries up there, but there were not yet ripe, so we didn't really enjoy them the way they were meant to be enjoyed. 

A lot of Food - unfortunately, we had to throw a lot out.

Yesterday a member who had been going through some really bad times signed up to feed us. Nothing too wild or crazy right? 

Well, she hadn't been to church for longer than 2 years, and she out of the blue asked to feed us. 

A Good Sunset
More Service - moving lots of dirt
She gave us not one, not two, but three full totes of food. All of it stuff we can cook with or snack on. She gave us cookies, ice-cream, bacon, and almost everything else you can think of. Just look at the pictures that we took! 

No comments:

Post a Comment