Monday, June 1, 2020

More than 18 strings

My new companion, Elder Cochenour

We are having breakfast at a members home,
it was a great view but the pollen was as thick as smoke.
So recently on our ward Facebook page we asked around asking if any members wanted us to share a short message with them. My companion wanted to see if any members had any spare guitars for us to borrow, to make Quarantine a little more comfortable during our free time.

Then a few days later a member calls us up and asks if we want to borrow his 12 string guitar, my companions prayers were answered. Not a few days later we visited some members (IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME) and they asked if we wanted to borrow their normal 6 string guitar. So now we have 2 guitars and we are able to spend some of our free time sharpening our skills. It's been real fun, almost too fun.

We had to make a rule where we can't touch them unless it is during meal time or after 9:00. Since then we have gotten more work done. 

So with some of the recent changes, like phase three. We have been able to actually visit some of the members of our wards.

So far there isn't much to write home about, but a few. We live in some wealthy areas, the members of our ward's own multiple successful business, and are just loaded! 

We went to go and visit one family the other day, and they were ripping up dirt in their backyard. They had just gotten a Razor. (just so you know, we can't ride in much vehicles while on the mission). This family loved is so much that the dad was going to take is brand new used once camper on a day trip to go and buy another one for his family. While he was doing this both of his daughters were on their about to head out to go dirt biking on a mountain just around the corner. That's not all, but all that I will mention, it was just astounding to me mostly because of what they already had.
Our Zone

The members here are awesome. We got to meet a huge family just the other day. My companion was able to relate to them really well. Each member of the family was able to serve in a Spanish speaking country, so they all connected really well, and I just sat there. It was real fun.

We have found that there are lot of people up here in Hayden who like whips, and we have found someone in our ward who knows how to make some. So now we will have to try to find out how to make our own whips. I hope I can figure it out. It would be fun. 

Unfortunately, lately our Facebook finding has been lacking, we haven't been able to narrow down anyone we can teach. It also doesn't help that our Facebook page has been going down lately, we are doing all we can to revive it. Hopefully soon we can start getting adds for Facebook.

We had a devotional for the whole mission this week. I wanted to sing with my district but unfortunately nobody was ready for practice. So I ended up doing a solo, singing Savior, Redeemer. So I thought that I first had to make an audition audio recording, but what they really wanted was a video. So the morning of the devotional I ended up making a video right after I got out of bed and ready for the day. Not one of my best last second efforts but the mission enjoyed it. 

I hope you all enjoy doing stuff outside, I know I am, if it weren't for all the pollen that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment