Monday, September 28, 2020

Let's get ready for some Earth Wind and Fire tonight!

Getting a haircut with the missionaries.

I remember the 21 night of September. Around that time I was in Moscow, the college town for the U of Idaho. Now I'm a lot further south and I'm am able to enjoy what the locals around here call the Banana Belt of Northern Idaho. 

I'm told here that during the winter that it doesn't get too cold, and not only that, they don't get much snow either. I hope I spend the rest of my mission down here in the mission where I won't have to break out of my cold weather clothing. 

I'm sorry that I forgot to write you all last week. This had totally spaced my mind. I guess I was having too much fun.

So the fires, after hitting a huge climax, last week have all died out. All the fire men, helicopters and mobile command centers are gone to fight fires elsewhere. The smoke that come from the fires here in Orofino were bad, but the smoke that came from them wasn't nearly as bad as the smoke from the the burning west coast. The smoke had blanketed our mission in a thick unhealthy haze. It had gotten so bad that they told us to stay inside at all times, and in the event where we would have travel to a lesson or go outside for any reason we would have to wear our masks. 

Lots of food walking around. I guess is a redneck food storage.

Covid-19 had made it very difficult to find new people. It limited out chances of ever meeting new people. However the smoke made impossible for us to do any kind of work outside, no more service for us. So our lives in Orofino became very slow and boring. But the other day there was a good rain storm and it took all the smoke out of the sky, now we can get on to business as usual. 

I almost forgot to mention. Now we can officially proselyte again!!! We can begin tracting and give this area a jumpstart and get some baptisms on the way! From this moment you can expect more stories from teaching and lessons. 

One more thing worth mentioning. In our mission, they finally approved the missionary dress codes which allows us to wear blue shirts and if we choose we can forego wearing ties all together. 

Okay, this will actually be the last thing. Today we got our transfer calls. I am staying in Orofino and will be getting 2 new companions: Elder Vazquez and Elder Poulsen. My current companion is going to one of my old areas in Moscow.

That's all folks, see you next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment