Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Spirit of a Warior

A hot day for work

Hey, sorry I wasn't able to push out my email last week, we got preoccupied with buying groceries later in the day. 


I have to mention that tomorrow is my birthday, I'm turning 21! It snuck up on me and it didn't even dawn on me that I was getting just a little wiser. 


We have had some cool stuff for the past two weeks. 
For starters we had a full day of service in one of the most redneck towns I have ever seen in my life. It could give Radiator Springs from Cars a run for its money. It was a 2 hour drive from where we were in Orofino. Elk city, (for this it was called) is so far out that even our phone with special service couldn't get a connection. 


Unfortunately, along the way to service we hit a fawn. Sadly we hit it hard enough that we had to put it down. We were lucky enough to have Elder Groll with us who is experienced with this sort of thing. Although it was a little disturbing, it has helped me think a lot about how valuable life is and how we must fight to preserve it. We must make the most of the time we have here.


Much like the sons of Helaman we may be young and even lack the experience and knowledge our enemy has that would give an advantage. To the world these Strippling Warriors were rookies, many of them just around my age and younger were able to defend against their greatest enemy, seasoned battle hardened warriors. I think about how they did it, and two things always come to mind; their great faith and their noble cause to defend that which is right  "by our faith, by our religion, and by our rites of worship, and by our church, and by the sacred support which we owe to our wives and our children, by that liberty which binds us to our lands and our country; yea, and also by the maintenance of the sacred word of God, to which we owe all our happiness; and by all that is most dear unto us". I aim to be more like the sons of Helaman, to know what I am serving for and why I am serving. To have a greater faith in God.


Thank you all for sticking with me this far into my mission, I know that your support has made it easier for me to serve through these hard times.




No comments:

Post a Comment