Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Sailing the high seas!🏴‍☠️ Of the apartment😒


The only other service we have had
besides raking pine needles.
Isn't imagination great! I bet you thought that I was going to relay the frolicking tale of my pirating adventures. But we are more like the pirates who don't do anything. So if you ask us if we do anything, we'll just tell you. (we don't do anything) 

Things are getting intense!
All we do all day is sit around!
We are more busy than ever before though.
We have at this time set up 10 lessons for Wednesday, all of them are solid lessons as well! 

Our days are so boring. Even though our mission president has told us to go outside at least twice a day for a little walk, we still look for more excuses to go outside. Service has been able to help out a lot with this. 
We rake up tons of pine needles, and that's about all we can do for yard work around here. 
The other Elders I'm with are not used to staying inside for so long, usually at the end of the day they are banging there heads on whatever they can find. (Rookies)
 My shoulder after the wreck.
You should see the other guy

So if any of you remember, about last year in July, I had a major bike accident and I guess I set a an alarm for my next bike accident back then, because it went off a few days ago. So what happened: we were biking home from our stake center, we used the building for its wifi. We are currently in a trio, and the elders wanted to get home fast. So they take off, leaving me a little ways behind.

I try to catch up with them and realized that I couldn't see, it was dark. So I turn on my first head light. Dead. I turn on my second. Dim. At this moment I realize that I should also turn on my back light and I turn to switch it on.
Right after I turn it on I look forward and BAM! I hit a pedestrian crossing sign in the middle of the sidewalk.

Here is the other guy -
We could've wiggled it out of its foundation.
I hit it hard.

My shoulder hit it directly, and it knocked me off my bike. I also have a stronger testimony that helmets save lives because I hit the ground hard. From all we can tell it's just a tendon that's damaged. But it's not that bad, we don't go outside that much anyway, so it should not affect the work that badly. 

We have seen some great miracles with this change to technology.
Our ward gave us a list of all the members in our ward, both active and non active. We have been spending some time going through it all, calling every person and seeing if we can share a little message with them through the phone or video chat. 

We took a drive the other day and took some pictures of the area.







 






We tried calling a sister on our list but a man picked up the phone. He had told us that his wife (whom we were trying to ) had both left him and the church a while ago. He said that she could use a little more "Jesus" in her life, so he gave us her number. When we called she seemed surprised that we contacted her. She was glad that we had reached out to her, and to our surprise she wanted a good uplifting message from us. So we taught her about the Holy Ghost and how the Lord has promised us that He will leave His peace with us. She believed the message and said we could call again on Thursday (the next free spot on our schedule). It was amazing, and did not go in the way we expected it. 

Here is what we do in our free time now -
Day 3 of Quarantine
Here is that scripture that we shared with her. 
John 14: 26:27
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I hope you all have things to do, because we don't. 
Enjoy the great outdoors, because we won't be anytime soon. 

Take care everybody, and enjoy the pictures.
The Bing Crosby museum here at Ganzagas University.


No comments:

Post a Comment