Thursday, April 9, 2020

On The Road Again



Doing a little exploring around Lincoln Park
 We live in a unique time.
This time in particular is transfers. 
Because of Covid-19 not many people are moving around that much to avoid any people getting infected.

I however am a special case. 
I am moving to Hayden Lake, Idaho. I have also been called as a District Leader, so now I have a chance to exercise some "unrighteousness dominion".😆

Things in our current area are going great. It's a shame that I'm going away right when we get an amazing amount of lessons that were a success. For the record last week, we had a lesson scheduled every 30 minutes!
We did not oven have enough time for our extra studies they allow us, because we are inside all day. Overall, we had 37 lessons that actually happened. A lot of the people we were supposed to meet with didn't answer the phone or just forgot, for those times we squeezed in the planning and studies we were supposed to do. 
An example of how we teach through video chat. 
One guy draws, another explains and the last is the camera guy

Most of what consists of our "finding time" (when we get the chance) is us calling random people we have never met. Our ward clerk gave us a list of all the members in our ward, including the members who may not go to church or even names that people in this ward have never even seen before.  When we dial up these numbers,  we start by asking if we could just share a spiritual and uplifting message with them right then. If right then doesn't work out for them we schedule the next best time that works for them. By doing this we have had some amazing contacts, you might as well brand them as miracles. 
The world wide fast on Friday,
tell your friends and share this picture with them













Anyways, as most everyone here already knows, we had General Conference yesterday!!! 


We were so hyped for the unforgettable spirit we were promised by the prophet last fall. I am glad he told us it would be unforgettable, not only because of the effects of Covid-19, but it is more because of the messages they all meticulously set up for us. I don't know about you all, but the last set of talks from the last session were my favorite. They were all simple messages of hope and love, which would be perfect for sharing with people we teach. I invite you all, if you actually read this. Find an opportunity to share any of those talks with those who could use a little more hope in life, when you do tell them your favorite part and why you thought they might like it.
Watching General Conference in the comfort of the High Council Room -
the sisters were totally jealous











I have to pack and make sure I round everything up for the day I go to Hayden Lake. I'm excited to be in Idaho again! Maybe I can stay there for the rest of my mission! 

I love you all, I am glad to have the chance to be on a mission at this exciting time, who except those in my generation can say they served while a virus was running rampant among the nations? And I mean all nations!
We had spare time and wanted to make our zone a treat. 
They were too much. 
They were like type 5 Diabetes per square inch

Don't forget to join the world wide fast for the effects of Covid-19 to be reduced and people to be protected. (I will post a picture that will explain it more) 

Pictures: gotta love em, because they will end someday.
My companion hit his 6 month mark, so he burned a tie

No comments:

Post a Comment